I do programming; writesoftware and create electronically.
My resume is here. Please check my and pages to grasp my background. Please feel free to contact me by e-mail if you are interested.
I am now a freelance programmer specialized in computer vision and computer graphics.
I obtained my PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. My major was Manufacturing and minors were Computer Science and Solid Mechanics. My advisor was Prof. Sara McMains.
Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Computational Geometry, CAD, CAM, Solid Modeling, Embedded System, Robotics, GPU computing, Physical Simulation, Finite Element Analysis, Parallel Computing, and MusicWork Experience
- Software Engineer, Deepen AI Inc. (09/2018 - )
- MTS, Lytro Inc. (09/2014 - 05/2017)
- Software Engineer, Intel Corporation (01/2012 - 08/2014)
- Graduate Student Instructor (CS184: Foundations of Computer Graphics), UC Berkeley (08/2011 - 12/2011)
- Graduate Student Researcher, UC Berkeley (08/2006 - 08/2011)
- Development Engineer, Kaleyedoscope, Inc. (07/2010 - 09/2010)
- Research Assistant, RIKEN, Japan (04/2006 - 07/2006)
- R&D Engineer, ASTOM R&D, Japan (04/2004 - 03/2005)
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Berkeley (08/2006 - 12/2011)
- BA (Computer Science), Environment and Information Studies, Keio University, Japan (04/2000 - 03/2004)
- Yusuke Yasui, Sara McMains, and Thomas Glau, "Pool segmentation for predicting water traps," Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 2014. [PDF]
- Daeyoung Kong, Seungchoun Choi, Yusuke Yasui, Sushrut Pavanaskar, David Dornfeld, and Paul Wright, "Software-based tool path evaluation for environmental sustainability," Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 2011, 30(4): 241-247. [PDF]
- Yusuke Yasui and Sara McMains, "Testing a Rotation Axis to Drain a 3D Workpiece," Computer-Aided Design: 2010. [PDF]
- Nancy Diaz, Seungchoun Choi, Moneer Helu, Yifen Chen, Stephen Jayanathan, Yusuke Yasui, Daeyoung Kong, Sushrut Pavanaskar, and David Dornfeld, "Machine Tool Design and Operation Strategies for Green Manufacturing", Proceedings of the 4th CIRP International Conference on High Performance Cutting, Gifu, Japan, Octo. 24-26, 2010.
- Yusuke Yasui and Sara McMains, "Testing an Axis of Rotation for Workpiece Draining," SPM '09: 2009 SIAM/ACM Joint Conference on Geometric and Physical Modeling. [PDF]
- Diego Arbelaez, Miguel C. Avila, Adarsh Krishnamurthy, Wei Li, Yusuke Yasui, David Dornfeld, and Sara McMains, "Cleanability of Mechanical Components," (September 1, 2008). Laboratory for Manufacturing and Sustainability. Consortium on Deburring and Edge Finishing.
- Yusuke Yasui and Takashi Kanai "Surface quality assessment of subdivision surfaces on programmable graphics hardware," Proc. International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications 2004 (Genova, Italy, 7-9 June 2004), IEEE CS Press, pp. 129 - 136.[PDF]
- Takashi Kanai, and Yusuke Yasui. "Per-Pixel Evaluation of Parametric Surfaces on GPU," ACM Workshop on General Purpose Computing Using Graphics Processors (Los Angeles, CA, U.S.A., 7-8 August 2004), C-22, 2004. [PDF]